Still have Doubts? It's time to get them cleared.
1. What is reusable cloth pad?
Reusable cloth pads are designed to absorb the menstrual flow during the menstruation period. These pads are a type of reusable feminine hygiene product, and are an alternative to single use disposable sanitary napkins, tampons and other menstrual products.
2. What is the difference between reusable cloth pads and disposable sanitary pads?
Disposable sanitary pads contains perfumes, adhesives, pesticide residues and chemicals (while whitening disposable pads with chlorine dioxide bleaching, it produces a toxic by-product called dioxin) which are harmful to the body and lead to serious health issues.
Reusable cloth pads contains no added chemicals, pesticides, perfumes and adhesives.
3. Are cloth pads hygienic/safe to use?
Reusable cloth pads are completely safe to use. It is just like any other cloth we use in our day-to-day life. It will reduce urinary tract infections, skin rashes and allergies which are more likely to occur when you use commercial sanitary napkins.
4. Are the dyes used in the fabric of cloth pads safe?
The dyes used in the fabric do not contain Azo (Azo is the Hazardous dye banned by Indian government) .So the Azo free dyes used in fabric of reusable cloth pads are safe to use and eco-friendly
5. Are cloth pads better?
Reusable Cloth pads are much better than disposable pads because, cloth pads are made from soft, breathable fabrics that allow for air flow. This means there is less sweating, irritation and rashes when you wear reusable cloth pads.
6. Are cloth pads comfortable?
Reusable cloth pads are very comfortable because they are soft and breathable.You will definitely feel comfort when you choose the right pad for your needs.
7. How do I find the right cloth pad for my need?
You may need different type of cloth pads for different stages of your cycle.
Choose Giocare Regular cloth pads or period panty …
- If you typically use standard disposable day pads
- If you have a moderate to heavy flow
Choose Giocare Maxi cloth pads…
• If you tend to leak over the front or back of your pads
• If you tend to have too heavy flow in the day and nights.
Choose cloth panty-liners…
•If you have spotting or very light flow, Including at the very beginning or end of your cycle
•If you want to wear everyday protection for white discharge.
8. How many cloth pads will I need?
You may need different types of cloth pads that depends upon the flow and number of the days you use. Approximately you will need 6-12 cloth pads per month.
- 2-4 Regular pads or period panties,
- 4-6 Maxi pads and,
- 2 or more Panty liners depending on your need.
9. How long can I expect a reusable cloth pad to last?
Reusable cloth pads can last up to 6 months to 1 year depending upon your flow, Cycle and how often you use.
10. How often should I change my cloth pad?
No matter how light your flow is, even if there is no flow, bacteria can build up. Changing your pad every 4 or 6 hours is good for health and hygiene and helps to prevent bad odour.
11. Can I use cloth pads for heavy flow?
Yes, you can use cloth pads that are designed especially for over bleeding (Giocare Heavy Flow cloth pads).
12. Will cloth pads leak?
If you choose the right size and wear it right, cloth pads won’t leak. Cloth pads are more absorbent than the disposable menstrual products. However if you wear a pad more than six hours, it is possible to leak off the sides.
13. Won’t cloth pads get stained?
No, If you wash the used cloth pads in the proper way as mentioned below, cloth pads won’t get stained.
14. When should I wash the pads?
It is recommended to wash the used cloth pads after every use. If there is no time to wash the pads, just keep it inside the leak free pouch and wash it later. You can make it a habit to wash the used pads immediately after changing a new one.
15. How do I wash the used cloth pads?
Washing cloth pads is not a big deal. Follow these steps to wash your cloth pads:
- Soak the used Cloth Pads in Water With detergent for 30 Minutes,
- Rinse it well until the Water runs clear,
- If necessary use soap to remove stains.
- Do not use hot water (hot water sets in stains),
- Do not bleach,
- Do not use brush.
16. How should I dry my cloth pads?
It is recommended to dry the washed cloth pads in direct sunlight until it becomes completely dry. Sunlight acts as a natural disinfectant and kills the bacteria present in your used and washed cloth pads.
17. How should I store my cloth pads?
You should store your cloth pads somewhere free from moisture, pests, dust and put them away only when they are completely dry. (Keeping cloth pads inside a clean and dry storage box is preferable).
18. How do I know the pad is completely clean?
After washing the pad, just squeeze it. If the water runs clear, it means the pad is clean. If the water does not runs clean, soak and rinse again till the water runs clear.
19. Should I wash new pads before wearing?
Yes, it’s recommended to wash your pads before wearing them for the first time. This will improve the fabric’s absorbency. You need to wash them only one time before wearing.
20. How can I manage using cloth pads when I am out of home (at work or school or travelling)?
The leak proof travel pouch that is included in the pack of Giocare cloth pads is specially designed for carrying your used or clean cloth pads. If you are unable to wash your cloth pads while travelling or at work, you can simply fold them and store it in this bag and wash later.
21. Doesn’t washing cloth pads use a lot of water? What about places where people do not have access to much water?
Cloth pads does not require much water to wash. It just takes the amount of water what the regular clothes requires.
22. Are cloth pads Eco-friendly?
YES, Reusable cloth pads are eco-friendly and they will decompose easily while the disposable sanitary napkins takes around 500-800 years to decompose.
23. How do I protect the environment by switching to reusable cloth pads?
Switching to reusable cloth pads is a significant example of how seemingly small personal choices can have a tremendous positive impact on our environment.Even though only who are of menstruating age in India can afford sanitary napkins, they throw away approximately napkins every month (which is equal to nearly 9000 tonnes of waste).As a result, they create mountains of waste in landfills and since they don’t decompose easily, they will likely remain there for the next 500 years. They might probably end up in landfills, rivers, streams and even oceans where they pose a serious threat to animals if they try to consume it. Disposal by burning of sanitary napkins is carcinogenic and can leak out into the atmosphere.The process of manufacturing these disposables also pollutes our waterways, air and animal habitats. Switching to reusable cloth pads can make a change
24. How do I protect myself by using reusable cloth pads?
Disposable sanitary napkin sand tampons build up a lot of moisture. And as you all know, moisture supports bacteria growth. It’s easy to develop yeast infection. The chemicals in tampons and disposable sanitary napkins are also linked to ovarian and cervical cancer. With reusable cloth pads, you won’t have to worry about moisture buildup, TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome), or cancer. Thus you are also protecting yourself by using reusable cloth pads.
25. How much money can I expect to save by switching to reusable pads?
You can save up to 1000-2000 rupees if you switch to reusable cloth pads, which costs five times lesser than the amount you spend for disposable sanitary napkins.
Reach us at
GREAT (PVT) LTD.,
No 62-B, 10th Cross West,
Further Extn Road, Thillai Nagar,
Trichy – 620 018.
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : +916380231366, +919894715639